4 Slices of Holman & Finch Rustic (Levain)
1 Lb perfectly ripe tomatoes
1/2 Lb Cucumbers (peeled and seeded)
1/2 Cup EVOO
8 oz Fresh Chive Greek Cream Cheese
1 clove garlic
1 Cup Picked herbs (Basil, dill, tarragon)
Salt (to taste)
Fresh Cracked pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Brush slices of bread liberally with good olive oil and a pinch of salt. Toast very hot to get a good exterior char while the inside remains chewy.
- Remove from the oven and rub the toast with the peeled garlic glove.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumbers into interesting shapes and toss herbs and remaining EVOO. Season heavily with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Spread each toast with cheese and top with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.