3 Bosc Pears
2 Tb or 1 Ounce Olive Oil or Butter
- Peal and cube pears to ¼ inch dice.
- Heat sauté pan. Add olive oil or butter and heat until slightly smoky.
- Add pears and toss around in pan covering all pear pieces. Add pinch of salt. Add squeeze of lemon. Continue to sauté until just cooked through and golden on all sides.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- This can be prepared one to two days ahead.
Balsamic Jam Dressing
4 oz Olive Oil
1.5 oz Balsamic Vinegar
1 TB Fig or Blackberry Jam
Squeeze of lemon
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place jam in the bottom of bowl in which the salad is to be mixed and served. Add Balsamic vinegar and whisk together to loosen up the jam. In a steady stream, whisk in olive oil.
- Finish with lemon and salt and pepper, whisking everything together.
Honey Roasted Cashews
24 Ounces Cashews
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water
3 Tbs Honey
¼ Tea Garam Marsala
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce or sauté pan, combine sugar, water, honey, and garam marsala and bring to a boil.
- Add cashews and toss in honey mixture coating all of the nut pieces.
- Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven.
- Be sure to continue to mix nuts on sheet every few minutes until evenly colored and golden brown. Take out of oven and let cool.
- This can be done one to two days ahead.
Chopped Arugula Salad
1 Bunch Arugula
1 Bunch Sunflower Sprouts
1 Recipe Balsamic Jam Dressing
1 Recipe Sautéed Pears
1 Recipe Honey Roasted Cashews
- Rinse arugula and dry. Cut arugula into chiffonade or ribbons, ½ wide.
- Place in bowl on top of balsamic dressing.
- Top with sprouts.
- Add pears and cashews.
- Toss right before serving.