6 ounces Sun Dried Tomato Asiago Biscotti Crumbles
2 ounces Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine biscotti crumbles and butter.
- Press mixture out into a buttered 9” baking dish.
- Pre-bake crust 8 minutes at 325 degrees.
1 small Butternut Squash
2 Pine Street Market Kielbasa Sausages
1 bunch Swiss Chard
1 Red Sweet Bell Pepper
4 ounces Fresh Goat Cheese
1/3 Cup Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
¼ tea Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Peel and cube butternut squash and place in buttered baking dish.
- Bake butternut squash at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Large chop the Swiss chard and set aside.
- Clean and dice red sweet bell pepper and set aside.
- Split sausage down the middle.
- Sauté kielbasa sausage first with cut side down in a large sauté pan with a little olive oil. About 3 minutes until lightly brown.
- Turn sausages and brown other side. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the red pepper about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, quickly sauté the Swiss chard until it wilts. Remove and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl lightly whisk eggs.
- Add milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Whisk together and set aside.
Assemble Tart Instructions
- In the bottom of the tart crust, evenly spread the sautéed vegetables and kielbasa sausage.
- Dot with goat cheese.
- Pour cream and egg custard mixture over vegetables.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until center of filling is set.
- The Tart Crust & Butternut Squash can be prepared the day before.
- Completed tart can also be prepared the day before & reheated for serving.
- Suggest fresh spring salad as an accompaniment.