24 shrimp (6 per person) (peeled and deveined)
8 pieces bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1 medium onion (small dice)
1 stalk celery (small dice)
1 green bell pepper (small dice)
1 tbl. Green garlic (finely chopped)
3 tbl. parsley (finely chopped)
¼ cup sherry
1 cup shrimp stock
4 tbl. butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup washed pea shoots
- Cook grits according to Riverview Farms instructions. Finish with 3 tbl. butter, season to taste and reserve warm.
- Sauté onion, celery and green bell pepper until translucent.
- Add garlic, bacon and shrimp cook 1 minute.
- Add sherry, shrimp stock and let come to boil, cook 1 minute.
- Remove shrimp and reserve warm. Finish sauce by swirling in butter, season to taste.
- Place a small amount of grits in center of plate. Top with 3 shrimp, ladle sauce over top and garnish with parsley and pea shoots.