romaine hearts 2 heads, halved
Baby Kale 2 Bunches
Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp.
egg yolks 2 each salt 2 tsp.
black pepper 1/2 tsp.
cumin 1/2 tsp.
lemon juice 4 Tbsp.
Whole Milk Plain Greek yogurt 1.5 cups
canola/olive blend oil 1 c.
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender. Puree on high speed one minute.
- Add oil in a thin stream to emulsify.
PICKLED SPRING ONIONS
spring onions 2lb
red wine vinegar .5 qt.
water .5 qt.
sugar .5 c
salt 2 tbsp.
peppercorns 1 tsp.
thyme sprigs 4 ea
- Trim off the bottom of the onions leaving the green tops
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt, thyme and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil and pour on onions
- Place plastic on top and cool.
- Season romaine & kale with salt and olive oil and grill until slightly charred.
- Dress pickled onions with dressing and a little of the pickling liquid.
- It's up to you how sweet and sour you want the salad.
- Serve immediately.