1 lb butternut squash cubed
1 lb sweet peppers sliced on the mandolin
1 stalk of lemongrass
8 cloves of garlic
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder (Indian Ridge will have fresh turmeric this Fall!)
1 tsp powdered ginger
3 tbs olive oil
Salt to taste
- In a pan heat the oil.
- Add cumin and caraway seeds, sauté until they turn a golden brown (about a min).
- Purée the lemongrass and garlic with 1/4 cup of water, add this purée to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger and salt.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté till the butternut squash is fork tender (6 to 8 mins)
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 3 mins.
- Fold in the sweet peppers and turn off the flame.
Serve warm or at room temp.