2 pounds golden German potatoes
To Taste Kosher salt
½ cup Mayonnaise
3 Tbl chopped tarragon
½ pound Pine St. Market bacon ends
¼ cup chopped chives
2 Tbl Doux South Drunken Mustard
1 Tbl rice wine vinegar
2 Tbl beer- Amber beer preferred
To Taste Freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot; add cold water just to cover; season with salt. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 30–45 minutes. Drain potatoes; let cool.
- Meanwhile, slice bacon ends into thick cut strips & cook in skillet until crispy. Remove bacon and rough chop into bacon bits. Reserve bacon fat.
- Whisk mayonnaise, tarragon, chives, bacon fat, mustard, vinegar and beer in a small bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Add dressing just to coat; stir in bacon. This can be served warm or chilled.
- Leaving your potatoes slightly dirty while in storage is A-OK! Washing them before storage makes it difficult to dry properly and they can develop mold. The dirt also protects them from light which is what causes “greening” and sprouting. Wash & scrub your potatoes just before cooking to keep them fresh longer. Stored in a cool, dark place, your potatoes can last up to 8 months.
- Did you know Pine St. Market’s bacon ends are the exact same recipe as their bacon? If you plan on chopping up your bacon instead of serving it in strips, consider using bacon ends instead! They are ½ the price and just as tasty!