Serves 4 – 6
2 small bunches or 8 oz Arugula
1 med fennel bulb, bulb separated from stems and leaves
6 oz goat cheese
6 oz walnuts, toasted
fig preserve vinaigrette
- Cut fennel bulb in half, core, slice thinly, rinse, dry and set aside.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of fennel leaves for salad. Wash, dry and set aside.
- Wash arugula, dry and set aside.
- Chop walnuts coarsely, place on parchment lined baking pan and toast for 3 – 5 minutes in 30 degree oven. Set aside to cool.
- Cut goat cheese into bit size pieces. Lightly roll in walnuts. Set aside.
- Combine fennel, fennel leaves and arugula in bowl, transfer to serving platter or plates. Garnish with goat cheese bites.
- Dress salads with vinaigrette.
Fig Preserve Vinaigrette
6 tbs fig preserves
2 tbs red wine vinegar
3 tbs white balsamic vinegar
8 tbs extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Dress salad. Store any extra vinaigrette in glass jar.
Note: Dressing can be made in advance and stored in refrigerator for up to a week.