Pick up meats and veggies for the grill, fruit and cheese for the bar, and much more at PRFM this weekend!
Chef Demo - 9/5 at 10:00 a.m.
Lesley Cavender | Avalon Catering
Avalon Catering's pastry chef Lesley Cavender has baked professionally for 12 years, but has been in the kitchen since she was a small child watching her grandmother and mother bake and cook. Her professional career began in Birmingham and has taken her from fine dining restaurants to a small French-inspired bakery to Atlanta and her current position at Avalon Catering. Lesley is also the only chef whose demo sample - muscadine tarts - had shoppers bidding to buy the samples! No bids required this Saturday, so grab a seat under the demo tent and see what Lesley whips up.
Central Fulton Master Gardeners
9/5 ongoing all market
Let your Central Fulton Master Gardeners help you grow your fall garden! Not sure what insect is decimating your herbs? Want tips on planting spring bulbs now? Need a recommendation for year-round blooms? Ask the Master Gardeners this Saturday!
Healthy Eating Tips - Salsa!
Not only does fresh salsa taste amazing, it's great for you and packed with superfood nutrients. Health benefits of fresh salsa:
- Tomatoes: Rich in the cancer-fighting antioxidant lycopene.
- Bell peppers: Full of vitamins A and C, folic acid, fiber and potassium
- Red onion: Packed with anti-inflammatory flavonoids like quercetin, which gives these onions their color.
- Hot peppers: Some studies show eating spicy foods can boost metabolism.
- Fresh garlic: Antiviral, antibiotic and heart-healthy.
- Cilantro: Adds tons of flavor for about 1 calorie per 1/4 cup and contains vitamins A, C and K.