Approximately 12 Beignets
4 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 ½ Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
½ Tbsp Cumin, Ground
½ tsp Dark Chile Powder
1 small bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 ½ Cups Water
1 ½ Cups Buttermilk
2 medium Eggs
1 small bunch Swiss Chard,* Chiffonade
4 oz Feta, Crumbled
* Chef’s Note: Can use any other hearty green, such as kale, from the garden
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl until combined.
- Whisk egg and liquids together and add to dry along w/ greens and cheese.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot or cast iron pan until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Spoon out small rounds into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Once golden brown, remove from oil and season w/ salt and pepper.
- Finish w/ a generous drizzle of Honey’d Hot Sauce.
Honey’d Hot Sauce
1 cup local Honey DANCES WITH BEES
¼ cup favorite hot sauce
OR - You can use FAIRYWOOD THICKET’s Hot or Medium Pepper Jelly
Whisk the above ingredients together